Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Unattended candle blamed for starting house fire in Princeton

Posted by wlpo on October 18, 2016

Before you leave the house, make sure you blow out any candles. A candle left lit on a kitchen table is blamed for causing a house fire in Princeton.

The 9-1-1 call went out around 12:15 Monday afternoon about smoke coming from a home at 2002 South Cedar Street. Princeton firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly.

Nobody was hurt and two cats were pulled out of the home of Kenneth Blevins. The house took on smoke and water damage.

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: