Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Kitchen fire destroys Marseilles home

Posted by wlpo on April 21, 2016

A pan of cooking oil that had been left unattended for moments was all it took to spark the fire that rendered a Marseilles house a “total loss.”

Firefighters from Ottawa, Utica, Marseilles, Seneca, and others spent hours Thursday afternoon fighting the fire on Bluff Street, which is believed to have started shortly after 11. A representative from the American Red Cross also made it out to the scene to help the displaced family find temporary shelter, among other things.

Fortunately nobody was hurt in the blaze. However the family’s pet python was found dead by firefighters.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: