Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

La Salle fire chief warns about fire dangers with space heaters

Posted by wlpo on January 20, 2016

Space heaters are nice but they can also be a fire starter.

La Salle Fire Chief Andy Bacidore says his city is off to a rough start in 2016 with space heaters blamed for two fires. Bacidore urges you to remember to have your space heater at least a few feet from flammable materials. Also put space heaters only on hard floors.

Something as simple as turning the heater off and unplugging when you leave could prevent a fire.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: