Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Kitchen fire breaks out inside Spring Valley home

Posted by wlpo on January 14, 2016

A Spring Valley couple knows the blessing of having good neighbors who offer a place to stay after a fire.

A husband and wife have been put out of their home east of Hall High School after flames erupted in their kitchen Wednesday night. Fire Chief Todd Bogatitus says his department was called to 709 West Cleveland just before 6 o’clock.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the older model home as they arrived. With help from Ladd firefighters, the fire was contained to the kitchen. The kitchen took on heavy smoke and fire damage and there was smoke damage in the rest of the house.

Bogatitus says the fire likely started in or behind the stove, though the couple was not cooking at the time. There were no injuries.

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: