Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Family loses house during fire south of Princeton

Posted by wlpo on December 18, 2015

A Tiskilwa family lost their home in a fire blamed on a wood stove.

At around 8:30 Thursday morning, firefighters from across Bureau County responded to a house fire in rural Tiskilwa. When firefighters got there, they saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the basement.

The homeowner, Curt Dugosh was there when the fire started but got out okay. Four others who live at the home were gone when the fire started.

Princeton Fire Chief Chuck Woolley says the fire started because of a malfunction in an outdoor wood stove that was being used to heat the home. Nobody was hurt and the Red Cross is helping the family.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: