Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

  • Follow Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO on
  • Subscribe

Princeton house fire blamed on a candle

Posted by wlpo on November 3, 2014

One candle can cause a lot of damage. A second floor bedroom of a house on Park Avenue East in Princeton was left scorched after an unattended candle caught the wall on fire Sunday afternoon.

Princeton Fire Chief Chuck Woolley says two men that were home were able to safely get out and call for help. Firefighters were able to get to the fire before it spread to another room. Still, the fire caused enough damage that the people living there were not able to stay the night. They received help from the Bureau County Red Cross.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: