Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Stove fire damages south side Ottawa house

Posted by wlpo on October 2, 2014

A kitchen fire damaged a home on Ottawa’s south side.

Firefighters were called out to a rental home on Hiawatha Drive Tuesday afternoon. A woman living in the house was cooking when a fire broke out on the stove. The fire spread to the attic and into a wall between the bathroom and kitchen.

While nobody was hurt, total damage between property and contents loss is near $100,000. The home is owned by James Dalton.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: