Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Details emerge on what killed a 3-year-old from Amboy

Posted by wlpo on July 21, 2014

DIXON, Ill. (AP) – The accidental electrocution last month of a 3-year-old boy from Amboy was caused by current from an improperly grounded family camper.

Landyn Gerald Keener died June 30 when he touched a door handle of the camper while standing on wet ground. It’s a problem known among RV enthusiasts as “hot skin.”

Lee County Sheriff John Varga calls it a tragic accident and says nobody was at fault.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: