Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Heating and AC unit starts fire at a Peru motel

Posted by wlpo on March 22, 2014

As the saying goes, where there is smoke there is fire.  It was true for the guests and employees of a motel in Peru.  A heating and air conditioning wall unit in a room at the La Quinta Inn shorted and started on fire Friday evening.

Employees heard the alarm sound and saw smoke.  The unit and the wall around it were damaged by flames.  Smoke damaged the first floor of the motel but guests were eventually allowed to return after the fire alarm and sprinkler systems were reset.

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: