Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Grease fire heavily damages Ottawa home

Posted by wlpo on September 22, 2013

An Ottawa house is uninhabitable, but the residents and pets are safe after a grease fire heavily damaged a kichen and living room this morning (Sunday). Ottawa Fire Department’s Captain Haywood said his men were at 1517 West Madison in three and half minutes. Just before 11am, firemen removed a kitchen window to allow them to extinguish the fire in a short time. Firemen then focused on “hot spots” and clearing smoke out. The rental house is owned by a Marseilles man. The four residents and pets are okay, though the pets did go to the vet. Haywood said the structure received 30-thousand dollars damge and 15-thousand in contents were destroyed.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: