Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Fire damages home on 2nd Street in La Salle

Posted by wlpo on January 15, 2013

A family with six children is without a home after a fire started by a candle.  Everyone was able to safely leave the two-story home on Second Street in La Salle Monday night.

The fire began in an upstairs bedroom after a candle was knocked over.  Firefighters from La Salle and Peru soon arrived and had the flames knocked down.  The fire was kept to the upstairs but the first floor was left with water and smoke damage.

Volunteers with the Illinois Valley Red Cross and community members were helping the Johnson family.  The house is a rental.  It’s owned by a man in Texas.

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: