Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

People Owing Oglesby Money Will See Smaller Tax Return

Posted by wlpo on October 2, 2012

If you owe the city of Oglesby money, you may get less on your state income tax return.

The Oglesby City Council approved an agreement with the state to be part of their Local Debt Recovery Program.  It allows for the State Comptroller to take hold of a person’s state tax return and deduct money from it if the taxpayer owes Oglesby money.  Your tax return could be deducted for things like parking tickets, or overdue fines and fees.

Chicago is already doing the debt recovery program and has taken out millions of dollars from state tax returns from people who have overdue parking tickets.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: