Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Man Injured In Peru Apartment Fire

Posted by wlpo on June 9, 2012

One man was injured another rescued in an early morning apartment fire in Peru.

Fire Chief Jeff King says his department was called out to a two-story home on fire in the 300 block of Cross Street.  The home has been turned into five different apartments.

King says they rescued one man from a second-story window.  Another man living in the apartment where the fire started was taken to Illinois Valley Community Hospital with burns to his arm.

King says the fire is accidental.  He says it started with a pan of grease that got out of control and started the top two apartments on fire.

The initial fire call came in at 4:30 this morning.  La Salle, Oglesby, Spring Valley and Ladd Fire Departments all assisted Peru.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: