Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Gas leak found and repaired in Peru

Posted by wlpo on March 28, 2012

Strong winds are being blamed for a broken gas line on top of a shopping center in Peru.  Somebody smelled gas Wednesday afternoon in the area of MC Sports and Goodwill.  Firefighters went on the roof and found a gas line for a heater had broken.

Rick Abbott with the Peru Fire Department says the wind probably caught it and broke it.  Crews with Ameren were able to repair it.

Earlier in day, firefighters were at Pizza Hut for cigarette butts that caused the mulch to begin smoldering.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: