Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

26 people at the Peru Mall treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted by wlpo on March 16, 2011

A correction to the story about the Peru Mall closing for a couple of hours Tuesday due to high carbon monoxide levels.  26 people, not 13, were taken to Illinois Valley Community Hospital after complaining of headaches.  They were treated and released, the last leaving the hospital around 5:30pm Tuesday.

The mall was closed for a couple of hours while the building was aired out and stores checked for CO.  The heating system inside of J.C. Penny was the source of the CO.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: