Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Garage Fire In Ottawa

Posted by wlpo on January 13, 2011

A garage was heavily damaged by fire in Ottawa.

Firefighters were called out to the 300 block of Thompson Street on the southwest side of town just before 4pm Wednesday.  The owner of the garage Jeff Hughes told firefighters he was using a propane torch to thaw out a gas line on a grill when the hose caught fire.  The fire spread to the rest of the two and a half car garage.

Hughes wasn’t hurt.  Property and content damage is both listed at $10,000.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: