Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Gas Odor Sends Nearly 20 Students To The Hospital

Posted by wlpo on May 14, 2010

An art teacher and 19 students at Somonauk High School were taken to the hospital yesterday after a natural gas leak.

Superintendent Susan Workman says the leak happened when a regulator handling a heating and cooling unit over an art room malfunctioned.  The teacher and students in the room were evacuated and taken to Valley West Hospital after complaining of headaches, nausea and dizziness.

The area of the leak was quickly cleared and opened back up for school late yesterday morning.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: