Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

  • Follow Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO on
  • Subscribe

Fire that destroyed Utica home considered accidental

Posted by wlpo on April 28, 2010

A blaze that left a home in Utica a total loss looks to be accidental.  Area fire departments were called to Isabelle Duffy’s home just after 2pm  Tuesday.  Investigators think it may have be sparked by rags that spontaneously combusted.

Utica Fire Chief Dave Edgecomb says a contractor was doing staining work at the house Monday.  No one was at the home when the fire was reported.  The state fire marshall’s office was part of the investigation.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: