Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Blaze destroys Utica home

Posted by wlpo on April 27, 2010

Utica, La Salle, and Oglesby fire responded
http://ping.fm/p/tK9me – Utica, La Salle, and Oglesby fire responded.

Two brick chimneys tower above the smoldering remains of home in Utica.  Fire departments from Utica, Naplate, La Salle and Oglesby went out to the house just after 2pm Tuesday.  They arrived to find smoke and flames consuming the two-story home.

Utica Fire Chief Dave Edgecomb says the woman owns the home, Isabelle Duffy, has been out of state and no one was home when it started.

La Salle Fire used their ladder truck to douse the flames that quickly ate through the roof.  Part of the home collapsed.

It’s unclear what started the blaze.  The state fire marshall’s office is being called to investigate.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: