Classic Hits 103.9 WLPO

News from the Illinois Valley

Chimney fire damages Princeton home

Posted by wlpo on December 26, 2009

Before you light up the fireplace, make sure your chimney is in good shape.  It’ll be worth what you’re paying.

          A chimney fire during the early morning hours Saturday has caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to a home in Princeton.

          Princeton Fire Chief John Petraikus says when they arrived just before four this morning a neighbor had put out the fire on the outside of the home, but there was still smoke inside.

          After detecting intense heat near the chimney box, fire fighters had to cut away the exterior of the home to put the fire out.

          They were there for an hour and a half.

          It was the second chimney fire this month in Princeton.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: